What would Ham Wall look like if you were an otter? How does it feel to float low on the water in the middle of a reedbed packed with nature?
Find out on a unique opportunity to discover Ham Wall by canoe. Join an experienced instructor and expert wildlife guide as we paddle around rarely-seen areas of this breath taking ecosystem. Birds, mammals, insects and amphibians – they all make their home in the reedbed and are ready to be experienced as never before! For more information please visit https://bit.ly/HMWEvents
No previous experience is needed but a reasonable level of fitness and mobility is required. This event is suitable for ages 6+. Children (6-17) must be accompanied by an adult.
For further information on accessibility please visit https://www.rspb.org.uk/hamwall
Full dates and Times
• Saturday 3 September 2022: 10–11 am, 11.30 am-12.30 pm, 1.30-2.30 pm, 3-4pm
• Sunday 4 September 2022: 10–11 am, 11.30 am-12.30 pm, 1.30-2.30 pm, 3-4pm
• Saturday 10 September 2022: 10–11 am, 11.30 am-12.30 pm, 1.30-2.30 pm, 3-4pm
• Sunday 11 September 2022: 10–11 am, 11.30 am-12.30 pm, 1.30-2.30 pm, 3-4pm
• Saturday 17 September 2022: 10–11 am, 11.30 am-12.30 pm, 1.30-2.30 pm, 3-4pm
• Sunday 18 September 2021: 10–11 am, 11.30 am-12.30 pm, 1.30-2.30 pm, 3-4pm
We ask you to arrive at the Ham Wall car park at least 30 minutes before the advertised time and register with staff at the RSPB Café. There is a 10-15 minute walk over some rough and uneven ground to reach the area where you will be starting your canoe trip. We regret that we are unable to provide transport there.
- When booking please provide a valid phone number and e-mail as your booking confirmation will be sent via e-mail. We need a valid phone number in case we need to get hold of you urgently to update you with changes/cancellation. Thank you for your co-operation.
- All tickets are non-refundable unless the canoe trip has been cancelled due to extreme weather. All bookings are accepted on this basis. In the event of such a cancellation, a full refund of the ticket price will be made, or the booking transferred to an alternative tour by mutual agreement. Although every effort will be made to run the trip the final decision will remain with the organisers.
- Car parking – Park in the large RSPB car park but please note that car parking charges apply to non-members.
- The only toilets are located in the car park at RSPB Ham Wall, close to the check-in location.
- What to bring : This event is entirely outside. Please prepare appropriately for the weather – suncream, extra warm clothing and waterproofs for your canoe trip – Ham Wall can be very exposed all year round.
- You may be required to share a canoe with someone who is not in your group.
- Canoes and safety equipment are provided and the tours will be accompanied by a fully-qualified instructor at all times. It is not permitted to use your own canoe for this event. Canoeing at the reserve is only permitted as part of this event and not at any other time.
- Please note that dogs are not permitted on the canoe or on the part of the reserve where the event takes place.
- Further information about the reserve, including directions, can be found on the Ham Wall reserve page here: www.rspb.org.uk/hamwall Any questions should please be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Image credit ©RSPB Images
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Advanced booking required – tickets will be sent to the email address you provide and should be presented (digital or print) on the day of your event.
RSPB members £16.00, Non RSPB members £20.00, RSPB child members £8.00, Non RSPB child £10.00. Please note that a non refundable booking fee applies per ticket.
For further information on accessibility please click on the link in the top section.